Areas of research interests: Internet of Things/Cyber-Physical Systems, wireless networks, cognitive (radio) networks and nano-communication networks. Interested in resource optimization, decision theory, distributed algorithms, protocol design and building systems.
Email: V DOT Rao AT tudelft DOT nl
Visiting address and other contact details can be found here.
- Voting member of IEEE standard P1906.1 - Recommended Practice for Nanoscale and Molecular Communication Framework
- Voting member of IEEE Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks (TCCN)
- Web-chair of IEEE TCCN since 2011
- Reviewer for several conference and journal articles
- Student member of IEEE and ACM
- Master of Science (Telecom), Technische Universiteit Delft, 2009.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Information/Computer Science), Visvesvaraya Technological University, India, 2004.
The ability to see is a fundamental necessity for all of us. Sight is central to our actions, emotions, abilities and skills. However, not all of us do possess this capability. While there are medications and treatments, educational and training programs to make the visually-impaired lead an independent life, it is not accessible to all. More than 90% of the visually-impaired live in low-income countries.
In our NGO,Deepa Academy for the differently-abled in Bangalore, India, we strive to empower the differently-abled, particularly the visuall-impaired kids, with quality education and promoting overall development with the guiding principles of self-help, interaction and involvement. Most of these kids come from low-income households.
I kindly request you to support us in this noble cause.Find out more about How you can support us. HELP US TO HELP THEM!