Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
Embedded and Networked Systems Group
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS)
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
Email: qing.wang [at] tudelft.nl
Address: Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD, Delft, the Netherlands
I am an Assistant Professor in the Embedded and Networked Systems (ENS) Group in the Department of Software Technology of EEMCS of TU Delft, the Netherlands. My research interests include Beyond 5G Networking, Visible Light Communication, and the Internet of Things.
Postdoc 'opening': if you have a strong publication record and want to apply for the prestigious Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (deadline 9/9/2020) with me on the topics related to my research interests, please drop me an email.
MSc projects: I have multiple MSc projects available for TU Delft master students. Feel free to contact me if you have an interest.
- [05/2020] Paper on Dense Massive MIMO Networks accepted to IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- [04/2020] SecureLight funded through the Seed Funding of the TU Delft Safety & Security Institute (PI)
- [04/2020] Back to the ENS Group of TU Delft as a tenure-track Assistant Professor!
- [12/2019] Paper on Cell-free Networking accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
- [08/2019] Co-supervised PhD Student recevied the Silver Medal of ACM SIGCOMM'19 Student Research Competition
- [07/2019] PassiveVLP accepted to ACM Transactions on Internet of Things
- [07/2019] Co-supervised MSc Student recevied the Best Master’s Thesis Award of KU Leuven in Engineering Science
- [05/2019] Marie Curie ITN project MINTS funded through H2020-MSCA-ITN-ETN-2019
- [04/2019] SmartVLC (extended version) accepted to IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- [01/2019] Received the Best Paper Award of COMSNETS'19 (1/105)
- 2019: ACM SIGCOMM'19 Student Research Competition Silver Medal (Daily advisor)
- 2019: Best Master’s Thesis Award of KU Leuven in Engineering Science (Daily advisor)
- 2019: Best Paper Award, IEEE COMSNETS'19 (1/105)
- 2018: FWO Postdoctoral Fellowship, Research Foundation Flanders (250K€ for three years)
- 2017: Accenture Innovation Award for using "Sunlight for Communication"
- 2016: Best Paper Runner-Up, ACM CoNEXT'16 (4/196)
- 2016: Extraordinary Doctoral Award (Spanish: Premio Extraordinario de Doctorado), UC3M
- 2016: First Prize in the 1st China Shenzhen Innovation Competition of International Talents - European Division (1/155)
- 2014: Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad (One of the two recipients in Spain)
- 2020: IEEE ICNP'20 (Conference Virtualization Co-Chair), ACM EWSN'21 (Finance Chair)
- Reviewers for IEEE/ACM ToN, IEEE JSAC, TMC, TWC, IoT-J, ComMag, COMST, INFOCOM, among many others.
From June 2017 to March 2020, I was an (FWO) Postdoctoral Researcher in the Networked Systems Group at KU Leuven of Belgium. Prior to that, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the ENS Group at TU Delft. I received my Ph.D. degree from the IMDEA Networks Institute as well as the University Carlos III of Madrid in 2016, and my B.E. and M.S. degrees from the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) in 2008 and 2011, respectively.